CIW, formerly known as Certified Internet Webmaster and Certified Internet Web Professional, includes a comprehensive set of online supplemental materials with every course of study.
Supplemental materials include the following:
- Video Clips
- Course Mastery
- Lesson Quizzes
- Online Exercises
- Lab files used to complete the course Labs
- Practice Exams
We offer an online pre-assessment test that mirrors the number of questions and distribution of skills objectives on the high-stakes CIW Web Foundations Associate certification exam. …Read More
The CIW Pre-Assessment helps students determine their existing skill levels and their readiness to take the CIW Web Foundations Associate training courses. It also helps identify knowledge areas in which students need to focus their studies in order to pass the certification exam. The CIW Pre-Assessment allows students to:
- Practice time management, because the test's time limit mirrors the certification exam's time limit
- Exit the test at any time (they must start over on their next attempt)
- Skip a question, flag it for review and return to it later
- Review all answers before getting the final score
- See which questions they missed, with correct answers and explanations
- Repeat the test as many times as needed within the subscription period
- See their scores in My Progress at the top of the page
CIW Video Clips
Video clips provide supplementary instruction in a multimedia format, and enhance the CIW coursebook narrative and labs. View Samples:
CIW Course Mastery
CIW Course Mastery is an online tool that delivers CIW course review questions. This tool is based on research in learning and memory, and it delivers an accelerated teaching solution that reduces training time and boosts retention of material in the learner's memory to provide 100-percent mastery of all content.…Read More
Students can use CIW Course Mastery after each lesson to review the material, and identify the concepts that they understand and those that they still need to learn. For each question, Course Mastery asks students to indicate their level of confidence in their answer. Course Mastery creates an adaptive, personalized learning plan and cycles the student through a process of test-learn-retest until the student achieves mastery of the material.
CIW Lesson Quizzes
CIW Lesson Quizzes test a student's understanding of topics covered in each lesson within each course. These short, multiple-choice quizzes provide instructors with a resource for formative assessment and grading. CIW Lesson Quizzes are available on CIW Online, and can be found on each of the lesson pages in the Online Resources.…Read More
Each quiz consists of 20 questions randomly selected from the pool of Course Mastery questions. They are similar to CIW Practice Exams, but questions are based on the lesson content instead of the exam objectives.
Lesson Quizzes enable instructors to grade their students' progress for each lesson. Whereas Course Mastery shows only a status of complete or incomplete in the gradebook, instructors can record a grade for each lesson quiz.
CIW Online Excercises
CIW Online Exercises review knowledge of the topics presented in the course and help reinforce learning. The Exercises are presented in a variety of formats including flash cards, matching exercises, true-false questions, crossword puzzles and fill-in-the-blank exercises.
CIW Practice Exams
The CIW Practice Exams consist of a variety of tests designed to assess the students' knowledge of specific skills objectives and help students prepare for the high-stakes certification exam. …Read More
CIW Practice Exams consist of the following:
- Objective Reviews and Quizzes - We provide one Review and one Quiz for each CIW exam objective. Each Review and Quiz consists of a collection of randomly selected questions. The Objective Reviews allow students to check their answers while taking the test.
- Reinforcement Tests - These tests consist of the entire bank of questions. The Reinforcement Tests allowstudents to check their answers while taking the test. At the end of the test, they can view their performance on each exam objective.
- Self-Assessment Tests - These tests consist of the entire bank of questions. The Self-Assessment Tests assessmastery of the material. At the end of the test, students can view their performance on each exam objective. They will also receive an e-mail message with this information to enable them to track their progress and concentrate their study on particular sections of each lesson.
- Practice Exams - Each of these time-limited tests consist of a random selection of questions covering all exam objectives. The Practice Exams most closely simulate the experience of taking the high-stakes certification exam.